For the côte du boeuf
Slow roasted côte du boeuf
1. For the côte du boeuf, preheat the oven to Fan Plus 60°C. Place the beef onto a roasting tray. Insert the food probe into the thickest part of the beef and transfer to the oven. If using a wireless probe, position the probe so it is facing the top of the oven. If you have a wired probe, plug it into the socket on the left hand side of the oven cavity.
2. Set the oven to following setting: Fan Plus 60°C, core temperature 52°C. Once the beef has reached 52°C, remove from the oven. Place a frying pan on medium heat. Add the oil and butter and cook the beef until browned on each side. Keep lightly covered until ready to serve.
3. For the truffle macaroni and cheese, make a béchamel sauce by heating up the milk with the onion and bay leaf. Allow to infuse for 15 minutes, cover and place aside.
4. To make the roux, melt the butter in a medium sized saucepan. Add the flour and stir constantly for 1 minute. Slowly stir in the infused milk until you have a smooth sauce. Cover with greaseproof paper and allow the sauce to cook for 10 minutes on a low heat setting. Once cooked, add the cheeses, mustard, truffle oil and truffle. Cover the pan with cling film and keep warm until needed.
5. Cook the macaroni following the pack instructions until just al dente. Once cooked, drain through a colander and refresh under a cold tap. Leave to drain inside the colander for 10 minutes.
6. Combine the sauce with the cooked macaroni and transfer into a heatproof ceramic dish. Preheat the Miele Steam Combination Oven to Fan Plus 190°C.
7. Place the breadcrumbs and Gruyère on top of the macaroni and cheese. Place into the oven and set the following cooking functions: Combi cooking, Conventional 190°C, 50% moisture for 15 minutes, then second stage, Full grill 30% moisture for 5 minutes.
8. Once the macaroni and cheese is cooked, remove from the oven and drizzle with a little more truffle oil.
9. For the roasted heritage carrots, place the carrots onto a tray with the oil, honey, balsamic vinegar and seasoning. Place into the oven and roast on Fan Plus 180°C for 20 minutes or until tender. Keep hot until ready to serve.
10. For the rainbow chard, place the chard stalks onto a perforated steam tray and steam at 100°C for 4 minutes. Chop the leaves and set aside.
11. In a heavy based pan, melt the butter with a splash of olive oil and gently fry the shallots over a low heat until soft. Add the garlic, pine nuts and the cinnamon stick and continue to fry, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes, then add the drained raisins for a final minute. Finally add the chopped chard leaves to the pan, along with the stalks. Keep warm until ready to serve.
12. To serve, slice the Côte du Beouf into medium thick slices and dress with the baby watercress. Serve alongside the truffle macaroni and cheese, carrots and rainbow chard.
Recipes created by Miele.
Precision. Passion. Perfection.