Collate colour, textile and furniture inspiration into a moodboard of ideas. Here we look at rich luxury
If you’re looking to add some colour into your bedroom for autumn/winter, then green and blue should be top of the list. Rich shades create a statement look that’s full of character, and you can add more depth by incorporating a mix-and-match of textures such as faux fur, feathers and the material of the moment, velvet.
Victoria Atkin, co-founder of Atkin & Thyme, says: ‘Set to be the fabric of the AW16 season and beyond, sumptuous velvet is undergoing a renaissance. It’s perfect for adding luxe, light and volume to your bedroom, and the dramatic fabric creates warmth and visual appeal’.
1. Sigma 26 Teal velvet fabric, £45.90 per m, Linwood
2. Plumage black feather pendant light, £560, The French Bedroom Company
3. Pimlico green velvet armchair, £449, Atkin & Thyme
4. Andrew Martin Crackle wallpaper, from £77.90 per roll, Houseology
5. Ellis Kandy Her Majesty wallpaper, from £194 per roll, Houseology
6. New Zealand sheepskin cushion, £100, Amara
7. Bourbon bedside table in azure blue, £179, Made.com
Article by: Lucy Macdonald