Collate colour, textile and furniture inspiration into a moodboard of ideas. We’ve looked at geometric styles
The Scandinavian look continues to dominate interiors and we love how calming, yet eyecatching it can be. Use geometric shapes and strong lines within a neutral palette for a contemporary look that always feels fresh. ‘Play with shapes, beautiful light and geometric wooden furniture. Touches of black in the patterns and accessories will lift up the character of your bedroom. Earthy tones used throughout the room can create a dynamic look while maintaining that cosy autumnal feel. Use texture in fabrics and mix different patterns in the same tones to add another level to the look’, says Kevin Torre, visual merchandising manager at Heal’s.
Works of art
Lead image Break up strong shapes with a watercolour effect on the walls. This Red Grunge Fading paint wallpaper is £25 per sq. m, from Murals Wallpaper.
All in the details
Above right The Aalto clothes rail from Cox & Cox is a simple, elegant way to hang your garments. It’s £220.
1. Tessela wallpaper, £86, per roll, Farrow & Ball
2. Large Kelim rug, £199, Ferm Living
3. Etch pendant light, designed by Tom Dixon, from £100, Heal's
4. Scion Modul wallpaper, £39 per roll, John Lewis
5. Lunar Geometric Space print, £24.95, by East End Prints at Not on the High Street
6. Brighton cushion in Midnight black, £45 at Happy & Co
Article by: Lucy Macdonald